Charles Girardier's vision is to create watches that are made to last and be passed on from generation to generation.
All our components are 100% Swiss made in Geneva*. Each Charles Girardier watch is assembled and adjusted in its entirety by a highly qualified watchmaker. This guarantees traceability and constant quality.
We apply extremely strict quality standards for both the technical and aesthetic aspects. To guarantee a perfect working condition, we recommend that you entrust us with your watch every 5 years for a service. The first maintenance is free of charge.
In order to take care of your timepiece we kindly request that you to send us an e-mail beforehand to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 5 working days at the latest you will receive a special package with our address which will be used to send your watch in the best conditions. Do not send us a package by any other way, to avoid loss or damage!
However, and according to your wish, you can also deposit your watch at your authorized Charles Girardier dealer.
During this service, we will inspect your watch and perform the following operations to ensure that it will be in perfect working order until the next maintenance date:
- During this service, we will inspect your watch and perform the following operations to ensure that it will be in perfect working order until the next maintenance date:, including any water-resistance problems and scratches or other signs of wear**.
- The movement of your watch will be dissembled, cleaned in an ultrasonic bath, reassembled and finally lubricated to ensure a perfect long-term functioning
- 100% water-resistance check after having replaced all gaskets and reassembled the case
- Control of the rate
- check of the accuracy according to the Charles Girardier standards which are maximum 10 sec/day deviation in all positions
- check of the power reserve according to the criteria of the CG caliber of your watch
- We replace in all cases your leather or woven ribbon strap unless you do not wish it. In the case of a metal bracelet (precious or not) we will apply the same standards as on the case**.
- We will polish your case and metal bracelet, but only for scratches related to normal use**.
**In case of scratches that go beyond those related to normal use, according to our warranty conditions (see "Certificate of origin, warranty and instructions for use" Charles Girardier delivered with your watch), we will submit an estimate. This estimate will be sent to you within 15 working days from the time we receive your watch.
As indicated above and mentioned in our warranty conditions, we offer you the first maintenance after 5 years from the date written on your warranty certificate. From the 2nd service we will charge you a fixed amount*** of CHF 1'600,00 which will also cover the cost of sending your watch from your home to the Charles Girardier workshops and back.
*All our components are made in Geneva, except for the escapement which comes from the canton of Neuchâtel in Switzerland and the bracelets which are made by a French manufactory.
***This amount includes only the costs related to the work detailed above. Any other service will be invoiced separately and based on an accepted and signed estimate.